< back to policies
enGauged Limited are design and consulting engineers based in Crewe and work all over the UK.
We recognise that we have a responsibility to the environment beyond legal and regulatory requirements and are committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral part of our business strategy and operating methods with regular review points. We will encourage clients, our supply chain, and our other stakeholders to do the same.
The aim of this policy is to make sure we comply with the Environmental Act 1995 and other relevant requirements. We will incorporate environmental factors into business decisions and increase employee awareness and training.
Our environmental objective is to act as a responsible custodian of the environment at all times and we are committed to achieving a high standard of environmental performance throughout our operations.
To achieve our objective, we will:
- Prevent pollution
- Minimise the use of paper in the office and seek to buy recycled and recyclable paper products
- Switch off lights and electrical equipment when not in use
- Adjust heating with energy consumption in mind
- Evaluate if renting is an option before purchasing equipment
- Evaluate the environmental impact of any new products we intend to purchase
- Favour more environmentally friendly and efficient products wherever possible
- Protect the environment by minimising the environmental impact of our redundant equipment and other physical assets by reusing or recycling wherever possible
- Promote alternatives for traveling to a meeting, such as video/phone conferencing
- Travel by public transport whenever feasible
- Use local labour and material where available to reduce CO2 and help the community
- Protect the environment through our designs by:
- Promoting the efficient use of resources and raw materials and seek ways to reduce the design’s carbon footprint
- Undertaking ecological surveys and consideration of nature conservation issues within our tendering, planning and construction processes
- Engaging with local communities, keeping those affected informed about our activities and responding proactively to any environmental issues that may arise
- Set, monitor, and review our environmental objectives annually at Management Review Meetings
- Monitor and review our aspects and impacts to enable continual improvement in our environmental performance
Date: 11th November 2020